Solidarity with Ukraine
IBUS fully supports and joins the UEG reaction to the situation in the Ukraine:
- urgently calling for peace to prevent further destruction and harm and standing firmly against war
- sharing the hope for peaceful resolution as soon as possible and the deepest sympathy with Ukraine, its citizens, and especially our Ukrainian members, colleagues and friends
- wishing for all organisations involved in providing humanitarian support in the region to obtain both the resources and support needed to best respond to the ongoing crisis
- hoping that no individuals be prevented from delivering the medical or humanitarian assistance
- following the UEG example in donating to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Call of EFCCA: Call for action: medicines needed for IBD patients in Ukraine
Dear colleagues and friends,
We are appalled by the human suffering and loss of life caused by the war in the Ukraine.
As a patient organisation we are in particular concerned about the situation of people living with IBD.
We are reaching out to you in the hope to collect much needed medicines for IBD patients.
Our member in the Ukraine has sent us a list of medications that are running out fast.
If you can help in any way – in particularly by donating medicines or providing us with relevant contacts - please get in touch with our Secretariat who is now evaluating options for delivering much needed supplies.
List of required medicines:
- Any Mesalazine medicines (Salofalk, Pentasa, Asacol) in the form of tablets, granules, suppositories and microclysters
- Budenofalk (capsules, foam)
- Hormonal drugs (prednisolone, medipred)
- Nifuroxazide Tablets
- Alfa Normix
- Entyvio (warehouses in Kiev are closed)
- there are problems with therapeutic nutrition for patients with Crohn's disease